CO-OP Fire: Update on the Oct 25 th Fire in Student Dorm

Photo+by+Darren+Greene
Back to Article
Back to Article

CO-OP Fire: Update on the Oct 25 th Fire in Student Dorm

Photo by Darren Greene

Photo by Darren Greene

Photo by Darren Greene

Photo by Darren Greene

Sally Deering

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






 

Jersey City Firefighters were called to the Co-op Residence Hall on Friday, Oct. 25 th, where they encountered heavy smoke coming from one of the dorm rooms.

 

Firefighters evacuated students and no one was hurt. In a follow-up call to the Jersey City Fire Department on Wed, Nov. 6, Deputy Chief Joseph Menendez said the fire was caused by a burning cigarette.

 

“There were cigarettes in a bottle under the bed,” Menendez said. “Occupants had left the room and smoke was coming from a bottle under a bed.”

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email