The Hub Now Offers a 24/7 Online Tutoring Service

The+Hub+is+located+in+NJCUs+Guarini+Library+near+the+Dunkin.+Photo+by+Suhas+Vittal.+

The Hub is located in NJCU’s Guarini Library near the Dunkin’. Photo by Suhas Vittal.

Suhas Vittal, Contributing Writer

The Hub, NJCU’s tutoring center, has now partnered with TutorMe, an online tutoring service that connects live tutors from all over the world for free tutoring for all students. The tutors are from colleges all across the country including Ivy League schools.

Students can spend up to two hours with a tutor on the website. John Blicharz, director of the Centralized Tutoring and Academic Support Services, said students can reach out to him to request more time. They can also request an academic coach to help set up a tutoring plan.

The plan includes regularly scheduled sessions in the tutoring center, meeting with an academic coach to discuss study strategies, time management skills, and also meeting with rebound counselors.

Blicharz said, “Tutorme increases the availability of tutoring services to students so now they can connect remotely on nights and weekends.”

Blicharz said he found out about the website when he started to research services to supplement existing ones at the Hub around Fall 2019, before COVID. It stood out compared to the online tutoring services that were already offered.

It took about a year to secure funding which came from the CARES Act. Additional money came from the Frontiers Set grant, which helps support students’ success.

Students who are interested in using this service must access it through Blackboard. Then, click Resources and Tutorials, scroll down to Tutoring and Academic Support Services, and then TutorMe which is designated with a rocket symbol right next to it.