Winter Intercession

Michelle Nahrwold

NJCU offers a winter intercession in between the fall and spring semesters. These courses help students complete credits that are necessary to graduate and can keep students on their feet during the break.

The classes that are offered in person run from January 4 to the 15, while online courses go until February 19. The deadline to enroll and make payments is December 10, 2015. You must sign a Tuition Deferment Contract in order to take these classes.

It is also important to know that if you receive financial aid, your aid from the spring semester will be used for payments during intercession. The refund/withdrawal schedule is as follows: a 100 percent refund for in-person classes ends after January 4, and online courses after January 8. There is a 50 percent refund for courses in person January 8 and online courses January 22. With no refund, you are allowed to drop classes in person until January 11 and online courses can be dropped until February 5, 2016.

Most of the classes available for winter intersession are online. The online classes available are: the Human Body, Police Organization and Administration, Micro and Programming II, Business Application and Micro I, Personal Finance, Money and Banking,  American History to 1865, Survey of Music, Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Global Marketing, Analysis of Social Institution, Sociology of the Family, Death and Dying and African Culture and Influence in the New World. The only classes available in person are off campus courses offered at Brookdale College for nursing students and one criminal justice seminar class for graduate students.