Picks of the Week: Oct. 7-13

Crystal Simon, Events Editor

If you’re looking for educational and fun activities to participate in this week then you’re in the right place!  Below are six events happening at NJCU to check out from October 7 to 13.

Culture  

Chinese Clay Sculpture event (Tuesday 10/09: 12-1:30PM.  GSUB Lobby)

Join the Confucius Institute in learning about Chinese culture and have some fun making a sculpture! 

Coming Out Day (Thursday 10/11: 12:30-4PM.  Flag Raising on Hepburn Lawn, Reception on GSUB Patio)

Be sure to join the Alliance on National Coming Out Day for a flag raising, a reception, food, a parade/catwalk, and DJ CWELLS!

Arts

Clash on the Canvas (Wednesday 10/10: 2PM. GSUB Lobby)

A battle of the arts; come watch artists compete in creating the best masterpiece live before your eyes.  You get to vote for the winner and you have a chance at winning prizes yourself!

Professional Development

Power Moves featuring Monique Lopez (Thursday 10/11: 5:30PM.  School of Business Lecture Hall)

Don’t miss out on a chance to talk with a VP in Private Sector Government Banking, a Negotiations Professor at Columbia University, and other great people in business!

Self-Development

10 Reasons You Might Be Whack at Public Speaking (Friday 10/12: 12PM.  GSUB 312)

Are you afraid to public speaking?  No problem!  Head to GSUB on Friday and learn how conquer your fears! 

Sports

World Cup Event (Saturday 10/13: 10AM-2PM.  Hepburn Lawn)

Finish the week off with the Global Careers Club’s World Cup event.  There will be a number of sports and activities to participate in plus free food!  Email [email protected] to RSVP or with questions!