The Gothic Times

Fall Sports Wrap-Up

Kristen Hazzard, Sports Editor

Theo Sanoh

Men’s Soccer

The men’s soccer team went 6-11 overall for the 2018 season with a .353 winning percentage (pct). The Gothic Knights had a total of 19 games. The team competed in 10 conference games against Rutgers (Newark & Camden), Kean, Montclair State, TCNJ, William Paterson, Rowan, Stockton and Ramapo.

The program was led by Joe Cullen who has been the head coach since 2016. The team kicked off their season with three wins. However as the season progressed, the team faced some tough competitors especially their NJAC opponents. The Gothic Knights were outplayed 0-2 by Rutgers (Newark) in their final game of the season. The team went 0-9 in the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) and failed to qualify for the tournament.

Mallensy Vargas

Women’s Soccer

The women’s soccer team finished their 2018 season 5-10 with a .333 pct. The Gothic Knights had a total of 18 games. The team competed in 11 conference games against Rutgers (Newark & Camden), Kean, Montclair State, TCNJ, William Paterson, Rowan, Stockton and Ramapo.

The program was led by Anthony Tuesta who has been the head coach since 2016. The team started the season with a loss to Fairleigh Dickinson on August 31. Following that loss, the team faced some challenges trying to earn a few wins as the season proceeded. In their final game of the season, they were outplayed 2-3 by Rutgers (Newark). The team went 0-8 in the New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) and failed to qualify for the tournament.

Naiomi Cintron

Women’s Volleyball   

The women’s volleyball team went 11-17 overall for the 2018 season with a .393 pct. The Gothic Knights had a total of 18 games. The team competed in 11 conference games against Rutgers (Newark & Camden), Kean, Montclair State, TCNJ, William Paterson, Rowan, Stockton and Ramapo.

The program was led by Robert Cole who has been the head coach since 2014. The Gothic Knights started the season with a loss in the Bryn Athyn Tri-Match on September 1. Following that loss, the team competed in three other tri-matches and one invitational. The team wrapped up their season with a 3-0 sweep to SUNY Old Westbury on October 24. The Gothic Knights went 0-8 in the NJAC which meant they didn’t qualify for the tournament.