The Gothic Times

GT Poll: Have the campus buildings been well heated this winter?

–By Steven Rodas– 

With temperatures in Jersey City plummeting to as little as 5 degrees below zero, students have experienced challenges this year that surpass having to study for exams and write term papers. Nothing is more appealing, when you’re facing the bitter gusts of cold wind, than going into class and thawing away. However, some students on campus have not felt this scenario has played out quite so smoothly.

Wendy Pereda, 19, Biology major from North Bergen – “I would say all around they have been well-heated except for Grossnickle. Grossnickle is way too hot. Besides that I’ve been happy with the heat in the buildings.“

Kaela Bazard, 24, English Literature major from Jersey City –  “Some of the buildings, like Karnoutsos where I have my Capstone (class), are moderately heated which is fine. However I feel Vodra Hall has been very cold.”

Kaela Bazard, 24, English Literature major from Jersey City –
“Some of the buildings, like Karnoutsos where I have my Capstone (class), are moderately heated which is fine. However I feel Vodra Hall has been very cold.”

Carlos Osegueda, 25, Marketing major from Jersey City –  “For the most part the buildings I usually go in haven’t been bad. I have most of my classes in the professional studies buildings, where Starbucks and the computer lab are, and it’s been good.”

Carlos Osegueda, 25, Marketing major from Jersey City –
“For the most part the buildings I usually go in haven’t been bad. I have most of my classes in the professional studies buildings, where Starbucks and the computer lab are, and it’s been good.”

Calvin Lane, 19, Psychology major from Jersey City –  “I would say 70 percent of the buildings have been fine, the other 30 percent have been way too hot. Also, some classrooms in the K building are too cold while classrooms in Grossnickle are too hot. In general it hasn’t been consistent.”

Calvin Lane, 19, Psychology major from Jersey City –
“I would say 70 percent of the buildings have been fine, the other 30 percent have been way too hot. Also, some classrooms in the K building are too cold while classrooms in Grossnickle are too hot. In general it hasn’t been consistent.”

Adam Vanclief, 24, History major from North Bergen –  “Honestly, they haven’t! As soon as I walk in Karnoutsos I almost instantly get a headache from the heat and its funny cause some classrooms in the very same buildings are not heated enough. Changing temperatures so often are the reason why people get sick and the heat really should be more consistent.”

Adam Vanclief, 24, History major from North Bergen –
“Honestly, they haven’t! As soon as I walk in Karnoutsos I almost instantly get a headache from the heat and its funny cause some classrooms in the very same buildings are not heated enough. Changing temperatures so often are the reason why people get sick and the heat really should be more consistent.”